White Space Revisited: Creating Value through Process
Hardback – 2009
When Improving Performance: Managing the White Space on the Organization Chart was published in 1990, it was lauded as the book that launched the Process Improvement revolution. This was the book that first detailed an approach that bridged the gaps between organization strategy, work processes and individual performance. Two decades later, White Space Revisited goes beyond a mere revision of that groundbreaking book and refocuses on the ultimate purpose of organizations, which is to create and sustain value. This book picks up where Improving Performance left off and shares what we have learned about process in the past 15 years since it was published and how the reader (primarily practitioners) can capitalize on these notions in their own pursuit of process excellence.
White Space Revisited is a comprehensive resource that offers process and performance professionals a conceptual foundation, a thorough and proven methodology, a set of remarkable working tools for doing process work in a more significant way, and a series of candid observations about the practice of Business Process Management (BPM). The book’s time-tested methods, models, tools, and guidelines serve to align people, process, and technology
White Space Revisited includes information on a wealth of vital topics and
- Describes the difference in impact of focusing on single processes vs. large scale improvements
- Provides an integrated step-by-step blueprint for designing, implementing, and sustaining process management
- Offers a detailed methodology for strategic and tactical process definition and improvement
- Spells out how to leverage the power of IT to optimize organizational performance
- Shows how to integrate the energy and value of Six Sigma, Process Improvement and Process Management into an effective Process Excellence Group
Who should read this book:
This important resource is written for practitioners, managers, and leaders who want to achieve greater and lasting results.